Government Issuance Number

Every citizen and foreign national in the country will have a Government Issuance Number (GIN). This number is a 16 digit number that is intended to prove you are whom you say you are when speaking with the government. It is also used to log into a .gov.ka site as well as applying for benefits with HHS at 711.

The GIN is not to be given to anyone. If this number is compromised, the person will have to go to HHS, and apply for a new number. The old number will be placed in a junk pool of bad numbers, but your NIN will not change. It is essential to remind to never give the number to anyone with exception of a government authority.